2011年2月3日 星期四

The ugly ducking





The ugly ducking
There was a little lake. A Mother Duck sits on her eggs. 

Father Duck: Not yet? 

Mother Duck: Look, Father! One, two, thee! Our babies. 

Father Duck: How cute they are! Look, one more. 

Mother Duck: One more left! It's bigger. 

The ext day. The egg still didn't hatch. 

Ugly Duckling: Hi! 

Ducklings: He's ugly! 

Father Duck: Who are you? 

Mother Duck: He's our baby. 

Mother Duck: Let's go walking! Left, right, Lift, right. 

Ducklings: Quack, quack, quack. Walk like us. 

UD: I can't. 

Mother Duck: Let's go swimming. Come on, come on. 

He jumps into the water. They jumps into the water. 

Mother Duck: Very good! Let's go. Let's get out. Let's meet out friends. 

Aunts: How cute they are! Eat! Eat! Who is that? 

Mother Duck: He's bigger, but he can swim. He can swim well. 

They eat. He Can't eat. Poor ugly duckling. 

Ducklings: You' re ugly. You're an ugly duckling. 

Mother Duck: Be nice! 

UD: Nobody loves me! I'm leaving. Good-bye, Mother. 

He goes to sleep. The geese come. 

Geese: Who are you? You are an ugly duckling. Well, we are leaving. Good-bye! 

UD: Nobody loves me! 

He is sad and lonely. A farm. 

Old lady: What' s the matter? Eat......Eat! 

A cat and a hen. 

Hen: Can you lay an egg? 

UD: No, I can' t. 

Cat: Can you catch mice? 

UD: No, I can' t. But I can swim. 

Hen and Cat: Who cares? Get out! 

It is tall. An owl! 

Owl: Where are you going? 

UD: Nowhere. 

Owl: Who are you? 

UD: Oh, what beautiful birds! 

It is Winter. It is very cold. 

UD: I'm cold! 

Kids: A duck, a duck. 

UD: What! Nobody loves me. 

It is spring. 

UD: I can fly. He can fly. 

Swans: What are you doing? 

UD: Oh, I, m sorry. Good-bye. 

Swans: No, Look! at yourself. 

You are one of us. You are a swan! 

UD: I'm a swan. 

Kids: Look! Look! 

Yes, the ugly duckling was a beautiful swan.

來源: 作者:李逍遙

沒有留言:

張貼留言