2011年2月4日 星期五

The Monkey and the Turtle 猴子與海龜



The Monkey and the Turtle猴子與海龜
One day a monkey who was very hungry met with a turtle creeping along the road. “My dear Slow Foot, can’t you find anything to eat for me?” said the monkey. “O yes, Sly Head, I can,” said the turtle. “ Come this way; there is a banana-plant just over there.” Soon they came to the banana-plant bearing lot of ripe fruit. The monkey climbed the plant, but before he could pick some bananas, the turtle cried, “Run, Sly Head, run!Here comes a man!” Instantly he came down and ran in a hurry. But the turtle could not run, but she caught the monkey’s tail in her mouth and the monkey pulled her away. When they were safe, the monkey said, “Slow Foot, that man did not catch you because I pulled you away.” “O no, Sly Head, on!” the turtle said, “you were not pulling me. I was pushing you.”

沒有留言:

張貼留言